Liverpool Print Fair is a biannual print fair showcasing affordable art from a variety of talented printmakers, designers and artists.
This year’s spring fair will run on Saturday 9th May 2020 and applications will be open from Monday 13th January until 8pm on Sunday 9th February.
Location & Date
Saturday 9th May 2020
What can be sold?
- Original art prints created using traditional and non-traditional print media
- Unique textile homewares which are hand printed or feature original patterns and designs
- Comics, zines and sequential art from indie publishers
First and foremost this event is a print fair and will be advertised as such to the public. The primary focus is unique and affordable art, so the majority products at the fair should be paper based art prints.
If you sell homeware and accessories alongside your prints as part of a collection, we’re happy for you to bring those along too. Products such as greetings cards or comics and zines are also very welcome at the fair.
Liverpool Print Fair celebrates the methods used to create the printed works as much as the content and quality. Stalls will be more likely offered to those with original work which is created using hands-on printing methods, over those who work solely in digital mediums.
We’re looking for a diverse range of styles from our stallholders too as we know there’s so much you can do with print.
While our audience will primarily be interested in art prints, you are permitted to include a small selection of homeware and giftware on your stalls alongside your prints.
We have a tiered pricing structure for our stalls in order to make the fair accessible for a range of people. All spaces will allow for a small browser in front of the table and enough room for one stallholder to sit comfortably behind.
The stall types we offer are explained below.
3x2ft Half Table – £32.50
This stall size is suitable for those who are just starting out and don’t have enough stock to fill a whole stall. Half stalls are intended for those who have limited stock, not as a cheap table for those who intend to bring a lot of work.
Please be aware that these spaces can get crowded with multiple people behind them, so there may not be room for you to have a friend or team member with you.
6x2ft Tabletop Only – £65
This is our most popular table size which provides more than enough space to display a range of prints and products. There will be a limited number of stalls which are located by walls.
Floor space is not guaranteed, so please plan your stall setup to include only the tabletop and area in front of the stall.
How To Apply
Please apply using the form at www.liverpoolprintfair.co.uk.
Stallholders will be selected by a panel of artists and designers.
Applications will be judged on the following points:
- Quality and uniqueness of work
- Work must be original and not based on pre-existing intellectual properties
- Presentation of work and quality of images provided with applications
- Print media used within the work; spaces offered to those who work in purely digital mediums will be very limited
- Price range of work. The fair needs to be accessible to an audience who are looking to purchase affordable prints
We place a strong emphasis on the hard work and processes which go into the items for sale, which is something we want to share with the people of Liverpool. It’s really important to us that stallholders are present on the day of the fair to be able to add an extra dimension to their work and make it more personal to the audience. For this reason, applicants found to be double booked with Liverpool Print Fair and a similar event elsewhere may have their stall offer revoked and offered to another applicant.
If you have any enquiries regarding the event, please email us at email@example.com.
THIS AGREEMENT, dated as of January 01, 2020, is between Liverpool Print Fair (“the Organisers”) and the applicant submitted above (“Participant”). Participant will be applying to participate in the Liverpool Print Fair on May 09, 2020 (the “Event”) at the Bluecoat (the “Venue”).
By applying to take part in Liverpool Print Fair you are agreeing to the following:
- Participants use the Venue and exhibit [their stall content] at their own risk and the Organisers cannot accept liability for any loss of and/or damage to any property of those exhibiting at the Event;
- The Organisers will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its employees, representatives, and contractors), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against the Organisers (and its employees, representatives, and contractors) related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- The Organisers reserve the right to withdraw table offers if applicants are unable to be present in person due to other events occurring on the same date;
- The Organisers are not obliged to accept any applications submitted;
- The Organisers reserve the right to request removal of any the Participant or stall content that could be deemed of an offensive, inappropriate or dangerous nature;
- The Participant must only set up on their allocated stall and must ensure that neither they nor their stall content nor their temporary structures cause an obstruction or danger to any persons whatsoever exhibiting, visiting or working at the Venue.
- The Participant’s temporary structures must be adequately installed and weighted;
- The Participant must not permanently mark or damage their allocated space or any part of the Venue;
- The Participant must not in any circumstances cause obstruction to the public, and it is the responsibility of each stallholder to ensure that their stall area is kept free from litter and any other trip hazards for the duration of the Event;
- Refunds will not be given without 2 weeks notice prior to the event. No refunds after this time will be given under any circumstances;
- No electricity or generators will be offered or provided to the Participant, nor can any such electricity or generators be used by the Participant;
- At the end of the Event, the Participant must immediately remove all temporary structures, property and litter from their allocated space;
- The Participant agrees to the recording of the Event for the documentation and promotion of the Organisers. Wherever possible the Participant will be credited;
- The Participant agrees that any images they submit using the application form maybe be used for promotion of the Event should their application be successful;
- The Participant is responsible for their own Public & Products Liability insurance, and will be asked to provide proof of coverage before the event;
- The Participant is responsible for their own Tax and National Insurance.