Liverpool Print Fair is a biannual print fair showcasing affordable art from a variety of talented printmakers, designers and artists. The fair brings together printmakers carefully selected by The Print Social team from applicants across the UK.
This year’s winter fair will run on Saturday 23rd November 2019 and applications will be open from Monday 24th June until 10pm on Sunday 18th August.
What can be sold?
- Original art prints created using traditional and non-traditional print media
- Unique textile products featuring handmade prints, or original patterns and designs
- Comics, zines and sequential art from indie publishers
Liverpool Print Fair celebrates the methods used to create the printed works as much as the content and quality. Stalls will be more likely offered to those with original work which is created using hands-on printing methods, over those who work solely in digital mediums.
This year we’re also broadening the scope of Liverpool Print Fair to include illustrated stories and zines. While the main focus of the fair will still be affordable art prints, we love the medium of comics and want to bring them to an audience who may not be familiar with them yet.
We’re looking for a diverse range of styles from our stallholders too as we know there’s so much you can do with print.
We have a tiered pricing structure for our stalls in order to make the fair accessible for a range of people. All spaces will allow for a small browser in front of the table and enough room for one stallholder to sit comfortably behind.
The stall types we offer are explained below.
3x2ft Half Table – £30
This stall size is suitable for those who are just starting out and don’t have enough stock to fill a whole stall. Half stalls are intended for those who have limited stock, not as a cheap table for those who intend to bring a lot of work.
Please be aware that these spaces can get crowded with multiple people behind them, so there may not be room for you to have a friend or team member with you.
6x2ft Tabletop Only – £60
This is our most popular table size which provides more than enough space to display a range of prints and products. These tables will not include space for display items other than a small print browser in front.
6x2ft Tabletop + 2x2ft Floor Space – £65
If you intend to bring display items such as an easel with you but don’t want to give up your tabletop space for it, this is ideal for you. We have a limited number of stalls which will have extra space alongside them, perfect if you just need that extra room.
We offer these spaces at an additional cost to make it fair for those who are located in the centre of a row.
How To Apply
Please apply using the form at www.liverpoolprintfair.co.uk.
Location & Date
Camp and Furnace
67 Greenland St
Saturday 23rd November 2019
Stallholders will be selected by a panel of artists and designers.
Applications will be judged on the following points:
- Quality and uniqueness of work
- Work must be original and not based on pre-existing intellectual properties
- Presentation of work and quality of images provided with applications
- Print media used within the work; spaces offered to those who work in purely digital mediums will be very limited
- Price range of work. The fair needs to be accessible to an audience who are looking to purchase affordable prints
We place a strong emphasis on the hard work and processes which go into the items for sale, which is something we want to share with the people of Liverpool. It’s really important to us that stallholders are present on the day of the fair to be able to add an extra dimension to their work and make it more personal to the audience. For this reason, applicants found to be double booked with Liverpool Print Fair and a similar event elsewhere may have their stall offer revoked and offered to another applicant.
If you have any enquiries regarding the event, please email us at email@example.com.
By applying to take part in Liverpool Print Fair you are agreeing to the following:
- Stallholders use the Venue and exhibit [their stall content] at their own risk and the Organisers cannot accept liability for any loss of and/or damage to any property of those exhibiting at the Event;
- All equipment/belongings/cash kept within your area on the day are your own responsibility and we can accept no responsibility for loss or damage incurred;
- The Organisers reserve the right to withdraw table offers if applicants are unable to be present in person due to other events occurring on the same date;
- The Organisers are not obliged to accept any applications submitted;
- The Organisers reserve the right to request removal of any stallholders or stall content that could be deemed of an offensive, inappropriate or dangerous nature;
- Stallholders must only set up on their allocated stall and must ensure that neither they nor their stall content nor their temporary structures cause an obstruction or danger to any persons whatsoever exhibiting, visiting or working at the Venue.
- All stallholders’ temporary structures must be adequately installed and weighted;
- Stallholders must not permanently mark or damage their allocated space or any part of the Venue;
- Stallholders must not in any circumstances cause obstruction to the public, and it is the responsibility of each stallholder to ensure that their stall area is kept free from litter and any other trip hazards for the duration of the Event;
- Refunds will not be given without 2 weeks notice prior to the event. No refunds after this time will be given under any circumstances;
- No electricity or generators will be offered or provided to stallholders, nor can any such electricity or generators be used by the stallholders;
- At the end of the Event, stallholders must immediately remove all temporary structures, property and litter from their allocated space;
- Stallholders agree to the recording of the Event for the documentation and promotion of the Organisers. Wherever possible stallholders will be credited;
- Stallholders agree that any images they submit using the application form maybe be used for promotion of the Event should their application be successful;
- Stallholders are responsible for their own Public & Products Liability insurance, and will be asked to provide proof of coverage before the event;
- Stallholders are responsible for their own Tax and National Insurance.