At the Bluecoat we have space for just 20 stalls, which makes it a more intimate and curated event.
The Bluecoat is Liverpool’s centre for the contemporary arts and the oldest in the UK. It’s a Grade 1 Listed building located in the heart of the city centre, home to a year-round programme of exhibitions, music, dance, literature, live art and heritage events.
You can expect the audience at the Bluecoat to have an understanding of different print methods such as etching, linocut, wood block, letterpress, and screen printing. This is thanks to the The Bluecoat Print Studio who are committed to promoting and facilitating the exploration of print.
First and foremost this event is a print fair and will be advertised as such to the public. The primary focus is unique and affordable art, so the majority products at the fair should be paper based art prints.
If you sell homeware and accessories alongside your prints as part of a collection, we’re happy for you to bring those along too. Products such as greetings cards or comics and zines are also very welcome at the fair.
At the Bluecoat stalls will be offered to people who create work using hands-on printing methods, over those who work solely in digital mediums. We’re looking for sellers with unique contemporary prints who avoid over-saturated trends.
We also make sure spaces are offered to a different variety of applicants each year to keep the event interesting for the public.
THIS AGREEMENT, dated as of January 01, 2020, is between Liverpool Print Fair (“the Organisers”) and the applicant submitted above (“Participant”). Participant will be applying to participate in the Liverpool Print Fair on May 09, 2020 (the “Event”) at the Bluecoat (the “Venue”).
By applying to take part in Liverpool Print Fair you are agreeing to the following:
- Participants use the Venue and exhibit [their stall content] at their own risk and the Organisers cannot accept liability for any loss of and/or damage to any property of those exhibiting at the Event;
- The Organisers will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Participant’s property, injury to, or death of the Participant (or its employees, representatives, and contractors), or Participant sales. Participant expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Participant, and hereby releases and waives any claims against the Organisers (and its employees, representatives, and contractors) related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
- The Organisers reserve the right to withdraw table offers if applicants are unable to be present in person due to other events occurring on the same date;
- The Organisers are not obliged to accept any applications submitted;
- The Organisers reserve the right to request removal of any the Participant or stall content that could be deemed of an offensive, inappropriate or dangerous nature;
- The Participant must only set up on their allocated stall and must ensure that neither they nor their stall content nor their temporary structures cause an obstruction or danger to any persons whatsoever exhibiting, visiting or working at the Venue.
- The Participant’s temporary structures must be adequately installed and weighted;
- The Participant must not permanently mark or damage their allocated space or any part of the Venue;
- The Participant must not in any circumstances cause obstruction to the public, and it is the responsibility of each stallholder to ensure that their stall area is kept free from litter and any other trip hazards for the duration of the Event;
- Refunds will not be given without 2 weeks notice prior to the event. No refunds after this time will be given under any circumstances;
- No electricity or generators will be offered or provided to the Participant, nor can any such electricity or generators be used by the Participant;
- At the end of the Event, the Participant must immediately remove all temporary structures, property and litter from their allocated space;
- The Participant agrees to the recording of the Event for the documentation and promotion of the Organisers. Wherever possible the Participant will be credited;
- The Participant agrees that any images they submit using the application form maybe be used for promotion of the Event should their application be successful;
- The Participant is responsible for their own Public & Products Liability insurance, and will be asked to provide proof of coverage before the event;
- The Participant is responsible for their own Tax and National Insurance.